Walchandnagar Industries Limited (WIL) has been associated with the Department of Atomic Energy (DAE) particularly with Nuclear Power corporation of India limited (NPCIL), and Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) for over four decades and with Bharatiya Nabhikiya Vidyut Nigam (BHAVINI) for a decade in the manufacture and supply of core equipment for various nuclear power plants. WIL is accredited with pre-qualifications from the NPCIL, BARC and BHAVINI for supplying Class I nuclear components. It has the capabilities to manufacture components from exotic materials complying with various International codes and inspection requirements. WIL also undertakes major installation and integration activities for nuclear power plants at site.
- WIL has supplied core equipment such as Dump Tanks, Fuel Magazines, Calandrias, End shields, Moderator Heat Exchangers etc. for 220 MWe & 500 MWe PHWR and PFBR reactors.
- Calandrias & Moderator Heat Exchangers for 700 MWe PHWR Reactors.
- WIL has executed the Sodium Piping contract for 500 MWe PFBR Nuclear Power Reactor at Kalpakkam.
- The company has also recently developed design capability for critical equipment such as Moderator Heat Exchanger and Steam Generator for NPCIL.
- WIL has been identified as a prospective supplier of nuclear equipment by foreign firms. In this regard Atomstroyexport, Atomenergomash of Russia, AREVA now EDF, France, Westinghouse, GE have already evaluated and approved capabilities of WIL for localization of their equipment.
- In recognition of the immense contribution made in the field of nuclear equipment manufacturing, WIL was honored by the Indian Nuclear Society’s “Industrial Excellence award” .
WIL has a strong in-house design engineering capability in the Walchand Technology Group at Pune. Staffed by highly qualified engineers having adequate computational facilities and a variety of design software.
Design of Moderator Heat Exchanger for 700 MWe PHWR was undertaken by WIL and approved by NPCIL. Eight such Heat Exchangers have been fabricated and supplied to NPCIL.
Complying with various codes
Design, engineering and Fabrication of components complying with various codes of conformance such as A.S.M.E. Sec. VIII Div. I,II; A.S.M.E. Sec. III NB, NC,ND,NF; I.B.R. Act 1948, ISO, DIN, RCC-M France, GOST Standards Russia; Customer codes, etc
Welding procedures and welders qualification under the various inspection surveillances such as ASME, ASTM, Welding Societies, ISNT, ASNT, IBR & N.P.C.I.L.
Critical materials handled
Cladded Steel (Stainless Steel, Titanium Cladding), Alloy Steel (Including varieties of Cr, Mo Steels), Stainless Steels ( Austinetic, Martensitic & Super Duplex Types), High Strength Maraging Steel & Vanadium Steel, Inconel, Monel & Incoloy, Titanium Alloys, Aluminum Alloys, Cobalt Alloy, etc.
Upgradation of key manufacturing facilities( in Progress)
- Deep Hole Drilling Machine up to 1000 mm deep hole
- Heat Treatment Furnace 6m X 6m X 18m
- NABL Accreditation for the lab
- Strip Cladding machine
- New Dust Free Enclosure of size 19m X 27 m X 15m high with internal crane of 35 Tones capacity
1) Vice Admiral (Retd.) N M Nadaph, President
Walchandnagar Industries Ltd.
15/1/B-2 G.A. Kulkarni Path, Kothrud,
Pune – 411 038, Maharashtra, India.
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +91 (020) 30252 533
Mobile: +91 9049037055
2) Mr. Prashant P Newaskar, General Manager
Walchandnagar Industries Ltd.
Walchandnagar, Pune District,
Maharashtra, 413 114,
Email : email@example.com
Phone : +91 (02118) 307467
Mobile: +91 9545668201