WIL develops gearboxes for almost every application. WIL has supplied and serviced Gear Boxes for Sugar, Cement, Steel, Paper, Hydel, Fertilizer and Petro-chemical industry along with Power sector. It has also made forays in Defence sector by providing Main Propulsion Gear boxes for almost every type of ship for Indian Navy.
Gear Box development involves the following
- Thoroughly understand the application and process.
- Size and Analyze the configuration.
- Design all the components and their interconnections.
- Analyze the performance of the system including prime mover, Gearbox and driven equipment.
- Optimize the sizes & geometries for the best operating performance of the total system.
- Match the performance with the driven and driving machines for the best overall results.
Design Standards followed
- API- 613
- API- 677
- AGMA- 6011- H 98
- AGMA-6010 F 97/ (AGMA-6113-A06)
- API- 671 for Couplings
- API-614 for Lub Oil systems (Out Sourced through approved Vendors)
- DIN-3962 For tooth accuracy
- Balancing Standards – As per ISO-1940-1986(E)/API.
Design & Manufacturing range
|Maximum Power Transmitted||24000 HP|
|Maximum Pitch Line Velocity||125 m/sec|
|Maximum Speed||30000 RPM|
|Maximum Weight of a Single Gearbox||65 Tons|
|Planetary Gearbox for Sugar Machinery||1400 HP|
|Planetary Gearbox for Cement Mills||3000 KW|
Parallel shaft, High Speed Turbo Gearbox
- Range upto 20 MW
- Speed upto 125 m/ sec
- Design standard
- AGMA 6011 I03
- API – 613
- Single / Double Helical Gears
- Maximum speed of turbine- 12000 RPM
- Special custom designed gearboxes for Indian Navy upto 18 MW
- Prime Mover- Diesel Engine or Steam Turbine
- Propeller- Fixed Pitch Or CPP
- Configuration- Unidirectional or Reverse Reduction
- Thrust Blocks- Integral or separately mounted
- Max Power : 6100 KW
- Vertical & Horizontal Offset Gearbox
- Single & Multi stage Gearbox
- Turbine speed : 75 to 350 rpm
- Alternator speed : 750 / 1000 rpm
- Design & testing for 3 times of the speed as per runaway condition
- Designed to accommodate higher thrust loads.
- High Speed reduction
- High Transmission efficiency
- 10 – 12 % power saving than conventional girth or open drive
- Torque value : 2230 KNm. Max