Board of Directors
The Corporate management is supported by a strong team involving professionals with long standing experience in several fields.
Mr. Chakor L. Doshi
- Renders valuable advice to the company in the matters of strategic planning, organisation building and new business initiatives
- Holds the position of chairman since 1998, before that he has served as MD of the company for 10 years.
- Holds board position in other Indian public limited companies and private limited companies
- He holds M.S. in Operations research & Industrial Engineering from U.S.A.
- Former Chairman of the Securities & Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC)
- Former non-executive chairman of National Stock Exchange (NSE) and SHCIL
- Recipient of “Outstanding contribution to the development of Finance “ award from Prime Minister of India
- Authored several books such as “The Securities market”, “ Marketing of Insurances” and “How to become a super successful Salesman”.
- Past President of the Bombay Chartered Accountants’ Society and till recently, Chairman of the Society’s International Taxation Committee
- Director of several public and private limited companies in India & abroad and also Trustee of several Public charitable trusts
- Mr. Thakkar has contributed several articles and papers in many professional journals and publications on a variety of subjects like Taxation, Auditing, Public Trusts, Foreign Exchange Regulations, Taxation of Non-Residents, International Taxation, etc
- Member of “The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India” and a practicing Chartered Accountant since 1961.
- Dr. Basu served as a Secretary to Government of India, Ministry of Steel & Mines. He has vast experience in the field of Business Administration in general
- He serves as the Chief Executive of Strategic Management Group of India.
- He holds board position in other Indian public limited companies and private limited companies
- Dr. Basu is a B.A in Economics from TRIPOS (CANTAB), MA (CANTAB),Ph.D in Business Administration, CBIM (London) CCI Mgt. (London) F. Inst.
- Former Chairman of Atomic Energy Commission and Secretary to Government of India, Department of Atomic Energy during 2000-2009
- Vast experience in the field of Research and Development related to nuclear development. He has brought out for more than 250 scientific papers and reports on various aspects of his work
- Honoured as Doctor of Science and Doctor of Literature from number of Universities/Prestigious Institutes including IIT Bombay, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Delhi
- He has also been awarded Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Padma Vibhushan for his recognition in the field of Research and Development work related to nuclear.
- Vast experience in General Management, Project Engineering and Project Consultancy
- Served as Managing Director at Walchandnagar Industries Ltd. until April, 2006
- Engineering Graduate with Post Graduate Degree from Illinois Institute of Technology, USA and is also a Fellow Member of Economic Development Institute of Washington, USA.
- Managing Director of WIL since 2007
- Extensively works on various growth initiatives, business development and exploring new business ventures for WIL
- Holds B.A (Economics) from University of Michigan, USA and M.B.A. from INSEAD Institute Paris.
(Managing Director and CEO)
- Joined WIL in 2004 as executive director and currently serves as MD & CEO of the company
- Worked for more than 30 years at Cummins India Ltd, with long stint on various board positions including Managing Director
- Holds a bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical).
- Alumnus of BITS Pilani in Instrumentation Engineering
- Illustrious career in the private and public sectors
- “Last assignment was as CMD of Heavy Engineering Corporation where he anchored turnaround of the PSU”